Miraa House is very unique as we focus on small groups of women only.
Miraa House was established in 2008 and provides women with an intellectual disability the opportunity to learn life skills in a safe and caring environment.
With a maximum of 8 clients per day our classes are small and conducted in a relaxed format to enable the team to connect individually with our clients and give them the attention needed to help them realize their full potential.
A meeting is held with both our client and her family/support worker on a regular basis to discuss their personalised development plan.
Our highly qualified staff and proven learning programs encourage our clients to reach their individual potential, empowering them to become more confident and independent.
At Miraa House we provide:
- Individual plans to achieve realistic goals
- Premium quality learning and life skills education programs
- Programs delivered by highly qualified staff
- A high standard of learning resources
- The skills required to become more independent to help live a more fulfilling life
- Community involvement programs
- Programs to prepare for employment or volunteer work
- Respite opportunities
- Women only
- Small groups (maximum of 8 clients per day)
- Caring and nurturing environment
- Learn the life skills required to become more independent
- Learn the skills required to cope with women hygiene and well being
- Build and maintain friendships
Our clients feel a greater sense of happiness through the satisfaction of developing new skills and becoming more confident.